Life is Sunshine and rainbows.

Life is Sunshine and rainbows.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Over exaggerating parents.

I just wanted to touch on this for a minute. I've seen or heard about many parents who freak out over the littlest things wrong with their kids. I do know your child is the most important thing in your life but I mean in a different sense.

Parents these days thinks medicine is the only way to fix their child's troubles. Pains? Tylenol. Fever? Tylenol. Cold? Cough syrup. Slightly infected cut? Hospital. Fever wont go down after 2 hours? Hospital. Cold lasted more than 3 days? HOSPITAL!

When I was a child, if I had a fever, it was no blankets, lots of freezies and popsicles, cold bath, frozen washcloths, and if that didnt work, then tylenol. Mommys bag of medicine was lemon, ginger, honey and vapor rub for colds. (and a funny movie) Some good soap, polysporine and a bandaide for cuts gashes and scrapes. Jello, gingerale cuddles and a funny movie for the flu.

Parents, the only thing to help your child doesnt need to come from a bottle, try alternatives first.

P.S. For nightmares, mommy and daddys bed is the best. At age of 8, it is not however.
(I dont know why my mom got her tubes tied, she wouldnt have ever needed to had she knows I would like her bed better than mine) :D

No comments:

Post a Comment