Life is Sunshine and rainbows.

Life is Sunshine and rainbows.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School failure, job success!

So I went to see about getting school paid for my EI. They said they couldn't because the course is longer than a year, and it would be a "career change". I asked what my career is since I've just worked at odd things like a grocery store, a furniture store, and a trucking company.... yeah. Apparently, my career is cashier. So if I wanted to expand my cashier skills, that would be fine. Pffft. Way to keep me on EI government! Cashier, is a job, not a career, Im going to be right back where I am now if I stay in the cashier business, thanks! So anyway, I go home, ready to start printing out some resumes, and I get a call from a girl I almost babysat before. He last sitter wasn't working out so she asked if I was still interested. YEAH I AM! So today I have 2/3 kids for a few hours and I start full time September 2nd! Hopefully its enough money. Im thinking about working at the gas station afterwards if it isn't enough, as we are looking to get a truck. I think We'll wait on the truck, maybe a year or so, that way we can save a good amount first.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! My mom ran a daycare from home for years. She really enjoyed it and made enough to go to school at night to further her education in early childhood education. So maybe this is a small door to a larger opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear of your success. My God, the government is not too smart and is definitely not applying the rules consistently. What do you think they're doing for laid off autoworkers? Teaching them to improve their autoworker careers? Not! Hope you enjoy the kids.

    ReplyDelete